Owning your own home is a great investment. That said, it’s also a huge responsibility.
In order to keep your family safe and healthy, it’s essential to maintain your home in good condition. An important aspect of this is keeping harmful elements like mold out of your house.
The health complications related to black mold can be serious. In some cases, they can even lead to death.
There’s nothing more important than the well-being of your family. That’s why it is so important to watch out for symptoms of mold illness before the effects get serious.
If you begin to see any of these signs of mold illness in yourself or your family members, it may be time to seek out a mold removal service.
Mold is a major allergen. For this reason, even non-toxic molds can cause moderate to severe breathing problems and respiratory symptoms.
Allergenic molds can cause typical symptoms like bloodshot and teary eyes, a runny nose, and excessive coughing and sneezing.
If your home has black mold, however, the symptoms will be more serious.
For instance, black mold can lead to difficulty breathing, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
Of course, there are several allergens, environmental factors, and illnesses that can cause these problems. You should be particularly concerned, however, if members of your family who don’t normally have these symptoms start experiencing them.
Another way to determine whether you’re dealing with typical allergies versus something more serious is to watch out for other common mold illness symptoms.
For instance, many individuals who are exposed to black mold report experiencing a mental “fogginess.”
People with this symptom will feel sluggish and have trouble remembering things. They also often experience headaches and sensitivity to light.
These symptoms occur because the toxicity of black mold negatively impacts brain functions.
In fact, in some patients, this mental fogginess can also manifest as depression.
More Severe Symptoms of Mold Illness
After long exposure to mold, it’s possible to begin experiencing symptoms that are both more serious, and more obscure.
For instance, prolonged exposure can lead to symptoms like numbness, muscle soreness, and shaking. Patients might also experience nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, which can lead to weight loss.
Other people begin to experience extreme thirst. Some even report a metallic taste in their mouth.
If you begin to notice these symptoms, these are warning signs that mold might have already been in your home for an extended period of time.
Know When It’s Time For Mold Removal Service
If you have noticed some of these symptoms among the members of your household, it’s possible that your home has been affected by mold.
Also, if you notice that your windows are fogged, or mysterious stains start appearing on your walls, those are additional signs of a potential mold problem.
Thankfully, there are steps you can take to remove harmful mold from your house and protect your family from the dangerous effects of mold illness.
If you believe your home needs mold removal service, contact us so that we can make your home a safe and healthy haven for your family.